Pilgrims Unit Study | Elementary Homeschool
What does the name Pilgrims mean? Where is Plymouth Rock? Who was Squanto?
Use this kid-friendly unit to learn more about the Pilgrims who came to America, and build your child’s academic skills through fun activities:
- Play the Pin Game like the Wampanoag Indian.
- Follow a recipe to cook a special cornbread treat.
- Understand how the weather can affect food supply.
- Understand how to read and make compound words and contractions.
- Alphabetize words that begin with the same letter.
- Retell the story of the Pilgrims using descriptive words.
- Learn to subtract two-digit numbers without and with regrouping.
- Locate numbers on a number line.
- Learn about a famous artist and her works of art.
- Use different mediums to create original art.
- Verbalize things for which you are thankful.
Homeschool Complete’s all-inclusive, literature-based unit studies provide detailed lesson plans created around thematic units with either a biblical or secular worldview. Our open-and-go pilgrims unit is fully planned with engaging and meaningful lessons that cover all academic areas:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Physical Development
- Character Development
- Bible (faith-based program only)
Read the complete list of skills covered in this unit study, and see a sample of a lesson and worksheet.
The Pilgrims Complete Unit Study Includes:
- Daily lesson plans for all subjects
- Step-by-step instructions for teaching your child
- Activities for different learning styles
- Enrichment activities to challenge advanced learners
- Practice worksheets
- Reading comprehension pages
- Patterns for art projects
- Handwriting guidelines
- Documentation of skills taught
- Literature List
- Materials List
- Additional resources
- Bingo game and turkey game markers
- Hundred Chart-Number Line
- Spelling Squares
- Place Value Board
- Base Ten Pieces templates
Student workbook pages are designed to reinforce the daily concepts and are included within the unit.
Grade level: K-2
Number of Pages: 57 pages (one-week unit)
Format: downloadable or loose-leaf pages
Publisher: A+ Publishing LLC
Publication Date: 2023