Art Homeschool Curriculum Skills List | Secular First Grade
Art activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Develop a beginning art vocabulary.
- Continue to develop small motor skills through cutting, gluing, painting, and folding.
- Draw a picture or make a collage to represent a concept.
- Make leaf-rubbing patterns.
- Observe the history of transportation through art.
- Learn about the color wheel.
- Paint in the style of Pointillism.
- Look at and appreciate various works of art.
- Use various techniques and mediums to create original art.
- Analyze artwork.
- Make a self-portrait in the style of a famous artist.