Language Arts Program for Homeschool
The teacher’s guide for our reading program is fully planned and easy to use. The curriculum continues to combine phonics and sight word recognition skills to teach your child how to read fluently and expressively.
The grab and go lessons utilize flashcards, games, activities, and independent written practice to help your child learn to read with confidence. This literature-based program incorporates specific language arts skills, including:
- Reading Comprehension
The child will continue to learn to read
- long vowel words.
- words with consonant blends.
- words with double vowels.
- words with prefixes and suffixes.
- compound words.
- sight words within context.
He will also advance his ability to
- alphabetize words.
- identify homophones.
- divide words into syllables.
- make singular words plural.
- identify synonyms and antonyms.
- use abbreviations as shortened forms of words.
- demonstrate knowledge of story sequence.
- properly use positional words.
- recognize personification and alliteration in literature.
Our comprehensive list of the skills and concepts that are covered within the reading curriculum is available for your review.
Please see our free lessons from Reading Level D to see how the child learns and applies concepts.
The Reading Complete Teacher’s Manual Level D Includes:
- Daily lesson plans
- Step-by-step instructions for teaching your child
- Activities for different learning styles
- Enrichment activities to challenge advanced learners
- Student Workbook pages for each lesson
- Reading comprehension pages
- Handwriting guidelines
- Documentation of skills taught
- Appendix with additional resources
This program is designed to be self-paced, and the child should master the lesson’s skills before moving on to the next lesson.
Format: Loose-leaf pages
Number of Pages: 174 pages
Publisher: A+ Publishing LLC
Publication Date: 2016
Dimensions: 8.5” x 11
This content is included in the First Grade Complete curriculum.