Fine arts activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Develop a beginning music vocabulary.
- Listen to and sing various types of music.
- Improve coordination and express creativity through motions that keep time with music.
- Develop an ability to understand a song’s message.
- Repeat rhythmic patterns using clapping or instruments.
- Compose lyrics to a song.
- Understand the meaning of the lyrics of a patriotic song.
- Learn a safety song.
- Listen to and sing a traditional Scottish folk song.
- Play a kazoo following a rhythm pattern.