Fine arts activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child, and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Develop a beginning music vocabulary.
- Listen to and sing various types of music.
- Improve coordination and express creativity through motions that keep time with music.
- Develop an ability to understand a song’s message.
- Repeat rhythmic patterns using clapping or instruments.
- Develop a beginning art vocabulary.
- Continue to develop small motor skills through cutting, gluing, painting, and folding.
- Learn about the color wheel.
- Look at and appreciate various works of art.
- Use various techniques and mediums to create original art.