Science concepts create the themes for the units within First Grade Complete. The questions for discussion of the concepts will incorporate new vocabulary words that will become part of your child’s usable vocabulary, and stimulate higher-level thinking skills. The enrichment activities or experiments provided will reinforce the skills being taught in a fun or challenging way.
- Learn about major body parts.
- Discover how sound travels.
- Learn about simple machines.
- Begin to develop an understanding of the basic laws of motion.
- Recognize plant parts and learn about their uses.
- Recognize the characteristics and habitats of various types of animals and insects.
- Understand that the world was created by God, and how we should take care of it.
- Explore the world through observation and experimentation.
- Learn about the changes in seasons and weather.
- Observe physical properties of water.
- Recognize the parts of our solar system.