Physical Development & Fitness Curriculum Skills List | Faith-Based Kindergarten
Physical education teaches the value of regular exercise and encourages cooperation with others. Activities are provided to promote the development of gross motor skills, fine motor skills, and eye-hand coordination.
- Develop large motor skills as developmentally appropriate:
- throwing/bouncing/catching/rolling/kicking/hitting a ball
- playing games.
- Develop small motor skills as developmentally appropriate.
- copying patterns
- tying shoes
- using scissors/pencils/crayons, glue
- Understand the relationship of nutrition and food nutrients to body composition and physical performance.
- Understand the importance of daily hygiene.
- Acquire skills to live safely and reduce health risks.