Art Secular Homeschool Curriculum Skills List | Fifth Grade
Art activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Continue to develop a basic art vocabulary.
- Follow instructions, and complete a drawing.
- Draw objects from different perspectives.
- Understand the concept of symmetry and create symmetrical designs.
- Continue to develop small motor skills through cutting, gluing, painting, and folding.
- Use the color wheel to identify and use primary, secondary, and complementary colors.
- Identify and use color contrast.
- Identify and use warm and cool colors.
- Draw a fictional character based on a written description.
- Identify and use texture.
- Paint in the style of Pointillism.
- Look at and appreciate various works of art.
- Interpret art.
- Compare art from various cultures.
- Use various techniques and mediums to create original art.
- tangle drawing
- op art
- abstract drawing
- ink and wash
- Make a diorama.
- Learn about a famous artist and create art in his style.
- Make pottery.
- Make a three-dimensional model.
- Demonstrate the drawing technique of foreshortening.
- Make a snow globe.
- Create a mobile.