Social Studies Homeschool Curriculum Skills List | Faith-Based Kindergarten
Social Studies concepts create some of the themes for the units within Kindergarten Complete. The activities and discussion questions stimulate higher-level thinking and encourage understanding of the concepts.
- Know name, address, phone number, and names of family members.
- Develop an understanding that families are God’s plan, and that each member is unique.
- Gain an appreciation of family heritage.
- Develop an understanding of a parent’s responsibility to care for a child.
- Develop a positive attitude toward family and friends.
- Understand that people are made in God’s image and that He gave us feelings.
- Understand that everyone has worth.
- Understand the importance of good manners and respect toward others.
- Develop an understanding of community helpers and specific services they perform.
- Learn about different types of transportation, and compare to early transportation in the U.S.
- Recognize the importance of following guidelines and being responsible.
- Develop an understanding of basic safety and emergency procedures.
- Recognize and celebrate important holidays.
- Learn about historical figures.
- Place events in chronological order on a timeline.
- Locate states on a United States map.