Music Curriculum Skills List | Secular Homeschool
Music activities are designed to improve the child’s motor skills, listening skills, self-discipline, vocabulary and language skills, social skills, and cultural understanding. Studying music nurtures creativity and builds self-confidence as the child learns to coordinate his movements in rhythm to music.
- Develop a beginning music vocabulary.
- Listen to and sing various types of music.
- Improve coordination and express creativity through motions that keep time with music.
- Develop an ability to understand a song’s message.
- Repeat rhythmic patterns using clapping or instruments.
- Demonstrate rhythms through body movement.