Art Secular Homeschool Curriculum Skills List | Second Grade
Art activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Continue to develop a basic art vocabulary.
- Continue to develop small motor skills through cutting, gluing, painting, and folding.
- Use the color wheel to identify and use secondary colors.
- Identify and use color contrast.
- Identify and use warm and cool colors.
- Identify and use texture.
- Look at and appreciate various works of art.
- Learn about a famous artist’s style.
- Create artwork in the style of a famous artist.
- Compare art from various cultures.
- Make a Native American drum.
- Create colonial art.
- Use various techniques and mediums to create original art.
- sponge prints
- Follow instructions and make a braided rag rug.
- Make leaf-rubbing patterns.
- Use clay to create a model sculpture.
- Create a picture book in the style of a famous author and illustrator.
- Use a camera and take pictures to document special moments and people.
- Use art to tell a story.