Physical Development & Fitness Secular Homeschool Skills List | Fourth Grade
Physical education teaches the value of regular exercise and encourages cooperation with others. Activities are provided to promote the development of gross motor skills, fine motor skills, and eye-hand coordination.
- Play a game of kickball using the rules of baseball.
- Understand baseball rules, and play a game of baseball.
- Measure reaction time.
- Develop speed and agility.
- Develop eye-hand coordination: catching a ball with the non-dominant hand.
- Understand that it is best to warm up the muscles before trying to improve flexibility.
- Develop balance and body control.
- Perform muscle-strengthening exercises.
- Mirror another person’s actions.
- Develop small and large motor skills as developmentally appropriate.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts and strategies as they apply to physical activities.
- Demonstrate large motor skills within an obstacle course.
- Participate in regular physical activity.
- Acquire skills to live safely and reduce health risks.
- Understand the relationship of nutrition to body composition and physical performance.
- Participate in carnival games.
- Complete a fitness scavenger hunt.