Fine arts activities are designed to encourage the creative abilities of the child, and to promote the development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
• Continue to develop a basic music vocabulary.
• Demonstrate dynamics and tempo.
• Listen to and sing various types of music: patriotic, folk, seasonal, spirituals.
• Continue to improve coordination and express creativity through motions that keep time with music.
• Develop an ability to understand a song’s message.
• Repeat rhythmic patterns using clapping or instruments.
• Perform written rhythmic patterns: whole note/rest, quarter note/rest, half note/rest.
• Create a rhythmic composition.
• Continue to develop a basic art vocabulary.
• Continue to develop small motor skills through cutting, gluing, painting, and folding.
• Use the color wheel to identify and use secondary colors.
• Identify and use color contrast.
• Identify and use warm and cool colors.
• Identify and use texture.
• Look at and appreciate various works of art.
• Compare art from various cultures.
• Use various techniques and mediums to create original art.