Christmas Unit Study for Elementary Grades
How can you demonstrate love? What does Christmas mean to you? What are your holiday traditions?
This unit includes accommodations for beginning, intermediate, and advanced level students.
Our Christmas unit study is completely planned with engaging activities that encourage an understanding and appreciation for Christmas. All subject areas are incorporated within the lessons so your child develops academic skills as he participates in the fun activities.
- Memorize the Christmas story from the book of Luke.
- Make a diorama and tell the story of Jesus’ birth.
- Read a recipe and follow directions to make gingerbread cookies and pumpkin pie.
- Play Spelling Baseball and graph the scores.
- Make contractions and play Contraction Memory.
- Understand how to write and use possessive nouns and pronouns.
- Recognize and name antonyms and rhyming words.
- Identify two- and three-dimensional shapes.
- Play Shapes “Go Fish.”
- Read clocks to the hour and half hour.
- Recognize analog and digital times.
- Count down the number of days until Christmas with a color-pattern paper chain.
- Use positive and negative images to decorate Christmas cards.
See the complete list of skills covered in this unit study.
We invite you to use a free lesson from our Christmas Unit study.
Christmas Unit Study Includes:
- Documentation of skills taught within the unit study
- Detailed lesson plans
- Step-by-step instructions for teaching your child
- Activities for different learning styles
- Enrichment activities to challenge advanced learners
- Handwriting guidelines
- Worksheets for practice with each lesson
- Reading practice pages
- Literature List
- Materials List
- Spelling Squares
- Shapes “Go Fish” game
- Telling Time Memory game
Grade level: K-6
This is a two-week, 140 page unit.
"Homeschool Complete has done a wonderful job of incorporating the different subject areas while providing great worksheets and lessons for children in grades K-6. I am so happy with this study. The study makes it well-known the importance and magnificence of the birth of Jesus. There is the challenge to memorize the Christmas story as told in the Bible in the book of Luke. My daughter is eight years old and this year more than ever I am finding it more important to make sure that she is more than just aware of the reason for Christmas but that she actually understands the greatness of the gift of Jesus."
We really enjoyed working on the different art projects such as using stencils and cut-out shapes to create positive and negative spaces as well as creating paper ornaments for our tree. At the heart of the Christmas Unit Study is the story of the birth of Jesus from the book of Luke. There are so many great ideas and activities in the lessons that I could see this unit study lasting more than the recommended two weeks. Read the full product review.
Student workbook pages are designed to reinforce the daily concepts and are included within the unit.
Format: downloadable or loose-leaf
Number of Pages: 140 pages
Publisher: A+ Publishing LLC
Publication Date: 2017
Dimensions: 8.5” x 11”